Waffle – Breakfast Recipe
This batch can serve up to three or four kids.
- All purpose flour – ½ cup
- Egg – 1
- Sugar – 1 tablespoon
- Oil or butter (melted butter) – 1 tablespoon
- Milk(warm) – 3/8 cup
- Vanilla extract – ½ tsp.
- Baking powder – 1 tsp.
- Preheat the waffle iron.
- In a bowl, mix all the dry ingredients and then add egg, mix well.
- Add oil or butter, whisk/beat with electric hand mixer or hand whisker.
- Now pour milk, whisk well until smooth batter.
- Now pour the ladleful of batter into the preheated iron.
- Cook until the waffle maker indicator indicates that the waffles are ready, or wait until steam stops rising out of the waffle maker. Gently pull the waffles out with a fork.
- Serve with pads of butter, warmed maple syrup.
Getting the right balance of doneness is key here. Lightly browned means the waffles will be fluffy, but not crisp. Dark brown means the waffles may be crispy, but a little dry inside.
It depends on your preference and your waffle maker. You may need to experiment with a few test waffles to see what works best for you.