South Indian style Fried rice
Spicy level – medium
- Basmati rice – 1 cup
- Oil – 3 tablespoons
- Onion – 1 small, slice it.
- Cabbage – 1 handful, sliced.
- Carrot – 1 handful, grated not finely
- Fresh Peas – 1 handful
- Paneer (if you have) – 7 pieces.,sliced as a rectangle.
- Capsicum (any 2 colors) – 1 handful, sliced.
- Ginger and garlic paste – ½ tsp.
- Red chili paste – 1 tsp. (soak red chilies in hot water for 30 minutes and then make a smooth paste, add vinegar 1 tsp for 18 long red chilies.)
- Black pepper powder – 1 tsp.
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp.
- Salt – to taste
- Sugar – ½ tsp.
- Ajinomoto – ¼ tsp.
- Curry masala powder – ½ tsp.Spring onions – 1, chop, separate bottom portion and top green portion
- In a pressure cooker add 1 cup of rice with 4 or 5 cups of water, just 1 whistle turn off the heat wait until pressure subsides.
- Meanwhile, slice the vegetables. Once pressure down, open, drain the water completely (use colander) and then apply oil to prevent sticky rice and keep aside.
- In a nonstick pan, pour oil, fry onions and ginger garlic paste for 1 minute and then add the vegetables, stir, add rest of the other ingredients ( except top portion of onion springs, curry masala and rice).
- Saute for 2 – 3 minutes in a medium heat. Add rice, mix well, and add salt to taste and then add curry masala powder, turn down the heat to low.
- Stir occasionally until raw smell gone. “Cook uncover”. It takes approximately 3 minutes. Keep your eye on it.
- Turn off the heat. Finally garnish with remaining spring onions.
- Serve the colorful palatable south Indian vegetable fried rice with soy sauce or any Manchurian.
Tip - you can add chicken too, add after saute the onions and ginger garlic paste. Cook until soft, add salt and then continue the remaining steps from 2 to 4.