Jet speed recipe to bang on, combination of rich Asian flavors make this wonderful side dish.
Whole thing will be over in no time – Perfect recipe to consider for quick lunch packing and always good with Chapati.
Whenever I make this recipe I really enjoy, because while boiling the kurma it gives a fantastic color and smells. The above picture i made with sliced onions and sliced tomatoes also I added little turmeric.
Preparation time: Under 2 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
This batch can serve upto three adults
- Onion – large 1/2, chop or slice finely.
- Tomato – medium 1/2, chop or slice finely. Don’t add more tomatoes it affect the taste.
- Cilantro – finely chopped, for garnish
- Turmeric – 1/8 tsp. optional
- Coconut cut pieces – 1/4 cup
- Cumin seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Whole red chili – 3 long
- Roasted chana dal – 1 tablespoon
Grind them altogether along with water to make a fine paste.
- Mustard seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Whole red chili -2
- Curry leaves – as desired
- Asafoetida powder
- In a pan heat oil over medium flame, seasoning with mustard seeds, red chilies, asafoetida powder and curry leaves.
- Add chopped onions, fry till onion gets transparent and then add chopped tomato, saute for few seconds.
- Then add ground paste, salt to taste and water to make a kurma. Boil for 10 to 15 minutes in a low heat.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with puri or chapati.