Oats Upma – Super food for new moms
Eating a bowl of oatmeal, if nothing else, is healthy for mom. At best, it may be a simple way to increase milk supply.
- Oats – 1 cup (160 ml cup)
- Water – ½ cup to 3/4 cup
- Carrot shredded.– 1 handful,
- Fresh Peas – 1 handful
- Salt – to taste.
- Oil – 2 tsp.
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp.
- Urad dal – 1 tsp.
- Chana dal – 1 tsp.
- Green chili – 3, small, chop finely.
- Ginger – 1 tablespoon chopped
- Onion – 1/2 small, finely chopped.
- Curry leaves – chopped 1 sprig
- Heat oil in a wok, after mustard seeds splutter, simmer, and add the remaining seasoning ingredients one by one, fry slightly until onions soft.
- Follow the seasoning ingredients in a same order as mentioned above.
- Now add vegetables, stir for 1 minute, add oats, mix and stir for 2 minutes in a medium heat, salt to taste, pour ½ cup of water, stir, cover
- And let them cook in a low flame. Stir occasionally. (If you feel very dry add furthermore water.)
- Once everything cooked and combined,” make sure don’t make a mushy and sticky”, turn off the heat.
- Serve this healthy wonderful and simple oats Upma.