Mutton Biryani- Quick Recipe
This batch can serves three to four adults
- Mutton thigh with bone or stow – 1 lb. small pieces, cleaned.
- Rice – 2 cups (160 ml measuring cup I used) soak with water for half an hour and then drain the water completely.
- Onion – 1 medium
- Curd – 3 tablespoon, whisk and keep aside
- Tomato – 2 medium, diced.
- Ginger and garlic paste – 2 tsp.
- Cilantro – 1, medium bunch. Chop finely, separate 1 fistful of chopped cilantro for later use.
- Mint leaves – ½ bunch, chop finely only leaves.
- Bay leaf – 2 small
- Fennel seeds – 1 tsp, rather than use fennel powder ½ tsp. but preferably seeds.
- Cinnamon stick – 2 medium.
- Green cardamom – 2
- Cloves– 6
- Star anise – 1
- Oil– 4 tablespoons
- Ghee – optional.
- Heat oil in the pressure cooker, season with whole garam masala spices.
- Second add the sliced onions and ginger garlic paste, saute until onion soft in a low heat. It will take 2 minutes and then add finely chopped cilantro and mint, fry till they shrink.
- Now add diced tomatoes, stir, add cleaned fresh mutton pieces and pour curd, mix well, pour 2 cups of water(320 ml) salt to taste.
- Cover let cook for either 3 whistles(high heat) and 5 minutes simmer OR 4 whistle in a medium heat.
- Once pressure subsides, open the lid, (immediate rinse the rubber gasket in cold water it helps to use for a long while).
- Now add rest of the rice, stir, sprinkle reaming cilantro, cover, again pressure cook for 1 whistle in a mediumheat. Don’t add water, mutton also oozes some water.
- After pressure down, transfer to other wide vessel and then mix gently using with wooden spatula or heat resistance spatula.
- Finally serve the moreish mutton biriyani with salna.
Note - Before add rice check whether mutton soft (well cooked).
whenever making biryani always transfer to other wide bowl because sometime in a pressure cooker you have some burned rice at bottom.