Ennai Kathirikai Poriyal
- Small Brinjal – 250 grams, slice and add into salt water to prevent discoloration. Try to cut 8 slices for each brinjal so that it cooks quickly.
- Shredded coconut – 2 tsp.
- Salt – ¾ tsp.
- Oil – 1 tablespoon
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp.
- Urad dal – 1 tsp.
- Green chilies – 4, chopped
- Pearl/shallot onions – 5 chopped.
- Heat oil in a nonstick pan, add mustard seeds, when they begins to crack, cover it once done uncover (it helps to prevent spill oil and seeds around the kitchen surface)
- And then add remaining seasoning ingredients in a medium heat.
- Fry onions till crisp, then add sliced brinjal, salt to taste. Toss and cover it.
- Let them cook for 10 minutes in a medium flame, toss it every 2 minutes.
- Once they soft and cooked, garnish with grated or shredded coconut, toss it again, turn off the heat.