Channa Sundal Recipe | Masala Sundal
- Sundal/Channa – ½ cup, immerse into the water and leave overnight.
- Coconut shredded – 2 tsp.
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 1 tsp.
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp.
- Urad dal – ½ tsp.
- Chana dal – ½ tsp.
- Whole red chili – 2 broken
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Pressure cook the soaked chana with enough water, 2 whistles in a medium heat.
- Once pressure down open, drain water using with colander or strainer.
- Then heat oil in a nonstick pan, when oil is hot, simmer, splutter the mustard seeds and then add urad dal, chana dal, red chilies and curry leaves, stir immediately.
- Now add cooked channa/sundal, toss it or mix well with wooden spatula, add salt, mix, and finally add shredded coconut, toss it again and turn off the heat.