Cauliflower Puttu | Cauliflower Poriyal
Preparation time: 2 minutes Cooking time: 5 minutes
This batch can serves two adults
- Cauliflower small size – 1
- Green chili medium size – 4
- Roasted gram – 1 tablespoon(make a powder)
- Turmeric – optional
- salt to taste
- Sunflower or veg oil
- Mustard seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Urad dal – 1 teaspoon
- Whole red chili – 1
- Onion – 1/2 sliced or chopped.
- Curry leaves
- Take a small size of cauliflower, cut into small florets and clean them.
- Heat oil in a pan and season with mustard seeds, urad dal chopped green chilies, red chili, sambar onions and curry leaves.
- Then add the cauliflower with turmeric powder and salt to taste fry for 2 minutes over a medium flame.
- Then sprinkle some water and cover the lid, make sure to stir it in between.
- when its cooked sprinkle 1 and 1/2 teaspoon roasted gram flour (porikadalai powder – blend the 1 tbsp of porikadalai).
- Fry for few seconds and turn off the heat.
- Serve this quick and healthy cauliflower puttu with sambar rice.