- Mixed Vegetables – 1 cup, evenly chopped.(beans, carrot, peas, potato and drumstick)
- Thick Coconut milk – 1 tin 400 ml.
- Cooked, mashed moong dal – ½ cup. Pressure cook ¼ cup of dal along with 2 garlic clove and enough water.
- Ginger extract juice – 3 tablespoons. Coarsely grind the ginger with water and extract it.
- Green chili – 3, cut into 2.
- Salt – as needed (add last after Sodhi has done.)
- Cooking oil – 1 tablespoon
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp.
- Pearl onion – 5, chopped.
- Asafoetida powder – little
- In a wide kadai/ wok, season with the above seasoning ingredients and then add chopped vegetables and green chilies. Fry for a minute.
- Then add ginger extract, cooked dal and coconut milk along with ½ cup of water (approximately), let it boil until vegetables cooked. Don’t add salt otherwise the coconut milk will be separated.
- Once done turn off the heat and the add salt to taste.
- Serve this wonderful sodhi with rice and papad or dal vada.
Recipe Given by
my friend Nivedhitha.