Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Makes 20 Rava Laddu
- Rava/ sooji / semolina – 1 cup
- Sugar -1 cup
- Ghee – 1 tablespoon (optional)
- Hot Milk – 1/3 cup
- Broken cashew nuts – 10
- Cardamom powder – pinch(optional)
- Heat ghee in a non-stick pan over a low-medium heat, once ghee melted add non-roasted cashew for roast and then add rava, fry continuously until turns color golden. OR fry cashews and rava in an empty heating pan.
- Turn off the heat. Then add a cup of sugar, mix well, add hot milk little by little, once it moist try to make balls if it isn’t make a shape sprinkle some more milk and then try it again.
- When the heat is bearable, divide mixture into equal parts and make a small balls out of it.
- Serve When cool and dry.
If you wish to add grated coconut, you can add roasted coconut along with sugar.
* Let the Ladoos cool completely before storing them in an airtight container or Ziploc bags.
* Store the Ladoos in the freezer – they stay fresh for months! (…but remember to serve at room temperature).