Preparation time: 3 minutes Cooking time: under 5 minutes
- Rava or semolina/sooji – ½ cup
- Sugar – ¾ cup or ½ cup, as desired
- Water – 1 cup.
- Cashews and raisins – desired
- Cardamom – 2 optional
- Ghee or butter – 1 tablespoon
- oil – 1 or 2 tablespoon, my family not like to have much ghee or butter because it gives strong flavor right, so I use both oil and ghee sweets.
- Melt the butter in a nonstick pan, flash fry the cashews and raisins, then fry the rava/sooji along with nuts until change the color slightly.
- Simmer the heat, pour 1 cup of water and add a pinch of Kesari powder (yellow or red) as soon as stir them well until absorb the water completely.
- Now add the sugar again mix well in a medium heat. Don’t stop to stir! Add 1 teaspoon of ghee or oil to avoid sticky mass at the bottom of the pan.
- Turn off the stove once Kesari comes together and leaving the sides of the pan.
- Serve Hot.
Note: keep in mind, when you are making sweets, should be add more oil or ghee for a good taste.
Tip: while stirring rava along with water sometimes you got a lumps, don’t worry!! Stir with egg beater till the lumps goes off.
Picture Perfect Steps