Preparation Time: 10 minutes Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Ingredients Required for Potato Masala:
- Potato – 3 small size, peel off the skin and then chop it.
- Onion – 1, slice finely.
- Green chilies – 4 small, chop it .
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp.
- Fresh Peas – 1 tbsp. for garnish (optional)
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp.
- Urad dal – 1 tsp.
- Chana dal (kadala paruppu) – 2 tsp.
- Whole red chili – 2
- Curry leaves
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker, season with mustard seeds after mustard splutter add urad dal, chana dal, red chilies, green chilies and curry leaves.
- Then add sliced onions with salt and turmeric, saute until translucent.
- Then add chopped potatoes, mix well along with salt to taste. Add 1 cup of water and simply cover the lid without place gasket and regulator weight / vent , let them boil until potatoes cooked.Check water level in between if required add it.
- When its done partially mash the potatoes with masher.
- Now add the fresh peas, stir and simmer for preciously 5 minutes and then turn off the heat.
- Serve with puri.
- Also try our another method of potato masala
Picture Perfect Steps:
- Simply pressure cook for 3 whistles in a medium flame after seasoning and saute onions.
PURI | POORI
Ingredients Required for Puri (Poori):
- Whole wheat – 1 cup
- Oil – 1 tbsp.
- Salt to taste
- Hot water – ½ cup
- In a large bowl, add the whole wheat, oil and salt to taste, mix well and then add Knead the dough with hot water add little by little until smooth.
- It shouldn’t be stick in your finger (refer the below pic). Set aside until the oil is ready to fry.
- Immediately you can make the puri, not necessary to wait for a while. Because we used hot water.
- In a wok heat oil in a high flame, meanwhile take some amount of dough and roll it out. It should be neither too thin nor too thick (refer the picture).
- Also no needed to dust with flour on the dough before roll. If required do not dust more because while frying, the dust become float and smoke in the oil. Instead you apply few drops of oil for rolling.
- When oil is hot turn down the heat into medium and then immerse the rolled dough into the oil and fry till it puffs.
- Serve with potato masala. Also try our another method of potato masala