Fenugreek leaf has an incredibly strong effect on blood lipid levels; it may also prove helpful in lowering atherosclerosis. Patients suffering from lipid fluctuations benefit hugely from this herb; the reason behind this is its capacity to cut down cholesterol levels, LDL and triglycerides while pulling up their HDL levels. Place some of these leaves in water and leave it overnight; next morning, strain the water and consume it.
In another way how to make Roti using with this wonderful herb. Here I written how to do this recipe..
Preparation time: 5 minutes Cooking time: 5 minutes
Makes – 7 Roti’s
- Fenugreek leaves – 1 bunch, washed and cleaned
- Chili flakes – 1 tsp.
- Cumin seeds – 2 tsp.
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp.(optional)
- Wheat flour – 1 and ½ cup
- Oil – 1 tsp+ 2 tsp.
- Salt to taste
- Heat the skillet, fry the methi leaves along with 1 tsp of oil for 1 or 2 minutes.
- Then, in a large bowl, add the methi leaves and all the above ingredients, mix well together except water.
- Knead them with enough water into a smooth and soft dough.
- Roll the pieces of dough into smooth balls, flatten and roll into round.
- Heat the tawa, sprinkle some oil (olive oil preferably), cook both side.
- Serve Hot with paneer masala
Tip: also make puri/poori using with this dough.
Picture perfect Steps:
Fenugreek can be an excellent ingredient for your home-made beauty product. Fenugreek can be used in face packs to help prevent blackheads, pimples, wrinkles, etc. Washing your face with water boiled with fenugreek seeds or applying a paste of fresh fenugreek leaves for twenty minutes on your face can work wonders for your skin.
Solution to hair problems
Using fenugreek as a part of your diet or as a paste to directly apply on your hair makes your hair shiny and black. Massaging your head everyday with boiled fenugreek seeds soaked overnight in coconut oil can be an excellent remedy for thinning of hair and hair fall. What more? Fenugreek is also great to keep the dandruff away.