- Small Brinjal – 250 grams, slice and add into salt water to prevent discoloration. Try to cut 8 slices for each brinjal so that it cooks quickly.
- Shredded coconut – 2 tsp.
- Salt – ¾ tsp.
- Oil – 1 tablespoon
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp.
- Urad dal – 1 tsp.
- Green chilies – 4, chopped
- Pearl/shallot onions – 5 chopped.
- Heat oil in a nonstick pan, add mustard seeds, when they begins to crack, cover it once done uncover (it helps to prevent spill oil and seeds around the kitchen surface) and then add remaining seasoning ingredients in a medium heat.
- Fry onions till crisp, then add sliced brinjal, salt to taste. Toss and cover it.
- Let them cook for 10 minutes in a medium flame, toss it every 2 minutes.
- Once they soft and cooked, garnish with grated or shredded coconut, toss it again, turn off the heat.
Picture Perfect Steps: