I tried a new snack with store bought chips as main ingredient. Aim is just to finish the stock and at the same time make it likable for my kids.
Just doing single dip fry making it double crunchy, and you won’t feel that strong flavor in mouth that normally comes with munching lays or other store bought chips.
Don’t asking ask me how, but this little makeover seems to bring overall salt level down. You won’t regret when you try and had this one.
- Lays potato chips
- Gram flour – 3 tbsp.
- Rice flour – 3 tbsp.
- Red chili powder – 1/2 tsp.
- salt – 1/2 tsp.
- Baking soda – pinch ( optional)
- Oil – to fry
- In a bowl, combine and add the dry ingredients, mix well and then add water little by little. Use whisker/ egg beater to mix. And keep aside. The batter consistency should be thin not too thick. Refer the below pic.
- Now heat the oil in a kadai. Meanwhile, gently mix some chips into the batter.
- when oil is ready, deep fry it.
Picture Perfect Steps :