Ingredients Required to Marinate the Shrimp:
• Wild caught Shrimp – 10., peeled and deveined. Add lemon juice, turmeric and salt. Then rinse it under cold running water.
• Store bought Chicken or fish spicy masala fry (desired brand) – 1 and 1/2 tbsp., or as directed by the pack
• Curd – 1 ladle ( 2.5 tbsp), beaten.
• Lemon – ½ squeezed
• Maida /all purpose flour – 1 tbsp.
• Corn flour – 1 tbsp.
• Salt – little.
Marinate the shrimps with the above ingredients and refrigerate it for 2 hours at least. Recommended for overnight.
Ingredients Required for Chili Sauce:
• Green chili – 3, chopped.
• Curry leaves
• Onion – 1, large, finely chopped.
• Tomato ketchup – 1 tsp.
• Chili sauce – 2 tsp. or homemade chili paste – 1 tsp.
• Fresh Curd – 1 ladle, well beaten curd not too thick. Add little water if your curd is thick and then whisk.
• Salt – to taste.
• Lemon – ½ small.
1. Before start to prepare chili sauce first, deep fry the shrimp and keep aside. It takes less than 2 minutes to cook.
2. Next, take an another pan or iron wok, add some leftover fried oil, when it’s hot add curry leaves and green chilies.
3. Then, add onions and dash of salt. Stir fry for 30 seconds in a high flame and then add tomato ketchup, chili sauce or chili paste, give a quick stir, lower the flame before adding the curd.
4. Now add curd and salt to taste and toss/stir well. Then add shrimps turn the heat up and mix / toss it together until everything is totally combined. And finally squeeze the lemon on it, keep stirring until the sauce has thickened. It takes around 5 minutes.
5. Garnish with chopped cilantro and Serve hot.
Picture Perfect Steps
How to make chili paste:
Soak 10 to 15 red chilies in a hot water for 15 to 30 minutes, then drain and grind along with little vinegar( about 1 tsp.). Refrigerate the leftover paste. Sorry☺️,I’m not sure how long it will stay fresh.
Tip: you can do with chicken or Paneer too.
addtionaly added dry Methi leaves for chili Paneer.