Today, I was tried for the first time something differently with Brinjal and choice of my preparation in the form of poriyal. To meet the expectations of my recipe audience here locally (family member’s), I decided to cook this little spicier and also without adding coconut.
Usually when I am trying to beat the monotonous in the family menu, will always go for new and untried vegetables, but this time decided to try my hand at old recipe with new style. As a result of my experiment, came out with tasty and eye catching Eggplant side dish, something I never ever manage to pull off that s thumps up from all who had tasted this poriyal.
On any experiment like this, masala of my choice is regular sambar masala rather than one that goes with based on recipe. I did the same and came well too, served this finger length brinjal fried as poriyal with rice and hot sambar.
Result was evident, when this dish was accepted with 100% approval rate and with no single complaint. So try this recipe at your home, if your family member or you not had this veggie in your wish list, then try this recipe with this method described below and you are about to update your wish list once and for all.
Now comes to the hard part of story telling the recipe preparation and cooking that finally.
Preparation time: 5 minutes Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Brinjal (eggplant) – 16 small size, slit them.
- Sambar Masala powder – 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder(optional) – 1/8 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Mustard seeds -1 teaspoon.
- Whole red chili – 3
- Pearl onions – 4, chop finely
- Heat oil in a skillet over a medium heat, seasoning with mustard seeds, after mustard splutter add red chili, chopped onions and curry leaves. Fry till onions get golden.
- Once you get that golden colour indication, Now you can turn to next step in the process of switching to simmer and then add slit brinjal, sambar masala and salt to taste, mix well, and stir in between until brinjal well cooked. It will take approximately 10 minutes to properly cook this finger length brinjal.
- You can see the end result even while spreading in the serving plate, Serve this slight crunchy style Brinjal recipe with hot sambar rice.
- All it takes is little preparation in the beginning and less than 10 minutes to see your tasty well cooked Brinjal in serving plate.
Share with us your story of different cooking method and style with Brinjal, we are happy to find the space in our portal for your work.
Picture perfect Steps: