Ingredients Required for Bread Pakora:
- White Bread – 2 , slice as a triangle, square or rectangle or desire shape.
- Aloo peas masala – 4 tablespoons.
- Pakora/Bajji Mixture batter.
Ingredients Required for Aloo Peas Masala:
- Cooked peas or fresh peas – ¼ cup
- Mashed Potato – ¼ cup.
- Onion – ½ Chopped
- Green Chili – 3, blend it and keep aside.
- Salt – ½ tsp.
- Mustard Seeds – ½ tsp.
- Cumin seeds – ½ tsp.
- Oil – 2 tsp.
Preparation of Aloo Peas Masala:
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan, add mustard seeds when they sputtered, heat down, and add cumin seeds, green chili flakes, chopped onions and little salt.
- Saute for 2 minutes and then add the cooked peas or fresh green peas and mashed aloo, mix well for a couple of minutes along with salt to taste.
- Turn off the heat and stuff into the bread.
Ingredients Required for Pakora Mixture Batter OR buy and use the instant bajji mixture:
- Gram flour – 3 tablespoons heaped.
- Rice flour – 2 tablespoons heaped.
- Baking soda – 1 pinch
- Red chili powder – ¼ tsp (optional)
- Red Color – optional
- Salt to taste.
In a bowl, Combine all the above ingredients, mix well and then pour little by little water to make a smooth batter (refer the below picture)
Preparation of Bread Pakora:
- Heat oil in wok over a medium heat. Meanwhile, take a piece of triangle bread, stuff the masala on it, and cover with another piece of triangle bread.
- Then gently dip it into the batter and apply evenly for all sides (completely cover the bread with batter).
- When oil is hot, drop it gently into oil and fry both sides in a medium heat for about 2 minutes (approximately).
- Serve hot with some ketchup.
Note: It doesn’t take time to cook for more than 2 minutes because making with bread and cooked masala.
Tip: you may use wheat bread instead of white bread.
Picture Perfect Steps: