Ingredients Required for Aloo Masala
• Boiled Potato – ½ cup mashed.
• Onion – 1, sliced or chopped.
• Peas – 1 tbsp. If you have.
• Cumin seeds – ½ tsp.
• Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp.
• Oil – 2 tsp.
• Salt – to taste.
1. Heat oil in a Kadai, add cumin seeds and then add onions and pinch of salt. Fry until soft.
2. Then add peas, fry along with it for a minute. Then, add mashed potatoes, little turmeric and salt to taste.
3. Mix everything and turn off the heat.
4. Keep aside.
Tip: you can add curry leaves and minced green chili if you like spicy.
Ingredients Required for Bonda Mix:
- Gram flour – 2 tbsp.
- Rice flour – 1 and ½ tbsp. You can add up to 2 tbsp.
- Chili powder – ½ tsp.
- Salt – to taste.
1. In a bowl, add all the dry ingredients and mix it up well.
2. Then add little water to make a thick paste. Use whisker to avoid forming lumps.
3. Then add again little water, to get a thick batter consistency. (Like idly batter consistency.)
4. Heat the oil in a wide kadai in a hog flame (to fry the Bonda.).
5. Meanwhile,, make the aloo into small balls.
6. Take a ball and dip into the batter, when the oil is ready, drop it and add few more and deep fry until crisp in a medium flame.
Picture Perfect Steps: